Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mien Hovercraft ist voller aale!



GERMANY!!



(My hovercraft is full of eels! ) and other useful German phrases I get to learn.....



Sister Hayley Jensen has been called to serve for a period of 18 months to the Hamburg Germany, German speaking mission.




Well after all of this waiting it finally came! My mission call came and well.... it is totally awesome!! I never figured Europe for even a second let alone German! As you can tell by my excessive use of exclamation points I am just a little bit excited!!

I report to the Provo MTC on Wednesday October 22, 2008. I hope to have some sort of sweet shin dig before I go and a farewell talk. Anyone that can come should, I'd love the support!

Forgoing tradition I chose not to have people over to open my call. In Draper the mail comes late in the day typically around 3 or 4 so I helped my mom at the school until about 3 and then made my way home. I assumed the mail would come at 4 but thought I'd check the mail just in case. I opened the box and there it was.... the infamous white envelope.

Needless to say I was tearing into the envelope on my driveway. Eventually I made it to the living room where I read the place and the language. After a moment of shock I read the whole beautiful letter.
Amazingly I didn't really cry. In fact, I laughed. I could not have foreseen Germany in ten million years but what a pleasant shock! For a girl who has never left the United States, a year in beautiful Europe is not too bad!

So far what I know about GERMANY:

- Hamburg is the 2nd largest city in Germany ( behind Berlin)
-It is a huge sea port
- The Hamburger originated here
- It has temperatures ranging from 80 in June or July to the negatives in January/February..... sounds alot like Logan, Utah.... Ironic!
- In German, W sounds like a V

Hopefully I will learn more in the coming weeks and years. For now I am excited and anxious to learn. I believe that I was called where I was for a reason. I look forward to doing the work that I have come to love, I look forward to losing myself in the service of my Heavenly Father. I know that with his help I can be an aid in the gathering of scattered Israel.

Go Forth With Faith
Serve With Valor
Return With Honor


No comments: