Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Eternal Perspective..... waiting for the call!

If I am lucky my mission call is currently sitting in some cart in some post office to be delivered to my house this very day! If I am unlucky, which is common, I have another week to sit and contemplate possible mission destinations. Hope for today!

My thought of the day is short and simple. The Eternal Perspective.
As I have waited (very patiently I might add) for my mission call, it has seemed like a very long process. In reality it has been maybe a month since I actually decided to go on a mission. In the Eternal Perspective, this waiting and the 18 months that I will serve, are essentially not even a blink in my existence. The amazing thing is what we gain during our waiting time or our journey.
I look forward to the next 1.5 years of my life. I have a feeling they will be the most influential and valuable years yet. I have no doubts that my work as a student, employee and most of all wife and mother, will benefit from my time spent in service to the Lord. How short and simple it seems to give up 18 months when compared to the eternal gifts that may come.
How I wish that I viewed my life and the choices I make more often with an eternal eye, than with my human impatience. I think this is one aspect of God that is so amazing. He rarely just hands us things and living in a drive-through world makes His way so frustrating at times. Yes McDonald's is crazy fast and convenient, but is it any good? No!
You mothers Sunday roast has been cooking since 8 am and its now 6 pm. Is it delicious? Of Course!! Worth the wait and work? Of Course! If only I had an always eternal eye to see things for the here and now to grow, but the distant eye to perceive potential.

I have also been reading the BOM more often then ever before... what a cool book. I have always believed it to be a good and true book, but it is truly taking the counsel to feast that has made it so much more real to me. I crave time to read it. Oh how I hope that craving only grows!

There is so much good from the Gospel, I feel privilege to know that and to be able to share it. Good better best. That's all I'm selling. Best.

I'm anxious for the mail to come. Whatever my call, I hope to do well. Thanks everyone for the love and support. I know I get preachy and annoying but why not share what we know? There is no answer to that question!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hayley, I didn't even realize you had a blog until you made a comment on mine. But I love it, and I love your title, ha ha. You're awesome! I can't wait until you get your call. Since I never said on Facebook, I think you will go somewhere back East, like Virginia or something.