Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Go Blue or Go Home!!









I am a person of habit. I have compulsive ways in which I live my life- the order I put in and take out my contacts, the specific width and weight of my favorite writing pen, my borerline unhealthy love of Ryan Shupe music, Dr. Pepper and string cheese.





I often as myself if perhaps I am getting predictable and boring because I love the same things over and over again. It takes me only a moment to realize I really don't care. There is one place I find myself returning to over and over always losing and re-finding myself. Cache Valley is a place, but for me is has also become a symbol for me; A symbol of my happiest moments, my greatest struggles, where I know I can always come back and it will feel like home.





I got to back to Logan this weekend for the first time since I left in May and my welcome could not have been anymore beautiful. It was dusk as I rounded the last hill that would open my view from Providence to Preston. The sky was pink and warm and off in the distance the "A" shone blue. I was home.

I was happy to spend some time with my best friend in the world JP and my old and dear friend Melissa. It was bittersweet to spend time in the apartment that JP and I were supposed to share, starting the traditons and memories we could have made together. But I feel lucky to have been included even for a few days.

This weekend was also the first time I got to see Justin Schmidt since his return from his mission a few weeks ago. Justin was one of my best friends my first year at USU. I will always love our scooter gang, "Fandango!" and laughing almost all the time. I wondered if we both had changed too much to remeber our former bond. Nothing has changed. He still makes me laugh more than any other person, he is still one of the best conversationalists I know. He still makes me happy. How did I get so lucky

to know so many amazing people?





Anywho, the weekend was rad complete with hippie tie die, an 80's dance, a pfzookie from firehouse, latenight stupidity and priceless conversations with JP, a bonfire and some sweet

impromtu olympics. Best of times

where the sagebrush grows!

2 comments:

beyates said...

You saw Justin?! No way! I haven't been back to Logan since I left either... but I'm planning to go in a few weeks. Weird.

Unknown said...

yo girl i miss you but other than that i have a rad bracelet in that picture that i lost. i freakin love that bracelet. you are my hero.