Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I must learn patience....

I turned in my paper 9 days ago.....9.... and I still have yet to meet with the Stake president.... I am GOING INSANE! I just want to get out there! So much to do and so little time. I cant shake this sense of urgency that I have, its like if i dont go fast I will never go. Where is the faith in that? I know, I know, all in God's time but its proving hard to get on the same page.....
Another sign of God's sense for humor: today Parker tells me he is probably going to Utah State now. What?! I freak, you cant go to Utah State without me. Thats my school, my home and you choose to go NOW? Now that I am leaving! Talk about torture. So now the 2 people I love most will be in Cache Valley while I am off being amazingly spiritual. Not a bad trade I know, but still hard to chew.
This phase of life is proving just as interesting as my last chapter but I think I might fare better this time because I have some faith on my side. Man I love my religion. I love to talk about my religion. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- is that beautiful or what? Even if you dont buy into my beliefs you have to admit its nice to think about-
- I believe I get to be with my family and friends FOREVER. Its not goodbye, just see you soon.
- I believe I have guidance from a prophet just for this day and age- someone who knows God even better than me
- I never have to feel alone because I believe I can talk to God whenever I want and he listens to me
- I feel happy and hopeful because of my beliefs
- I believe God has a plan for me. One I understand when I am listening for it.
-I believe when I die, I get to be with the ones I love and especially with God somewhere amazingly lovely!
- I believe bad things happen to good people. Those trials help us grow. There is purpose in everything.
- I am most happy when I remember and stand up for these beliefs

I want to serve for many reasons, here is just one: The Gospel makes me happy. I want others to be happy.

I am just one voice, but one voice can carry far.
He was just one voice, but one voice that changed the earth.
One but not alone, a thousand voices sing,
praises to on high, of our Master and our King.
With one voice.
One Voice.

No comments: