Thursday, November 29, 2007

When I am sick I....

A warning list for anyone who comes in contact with me when I am ill.
I am rarely sick (the first time in about 2 years) so when I am sick, it wipes me out for a good week. anyone willing or crazy enough to encounter me during this time should be warned: it is NOT a pretty sight.

When I am sick I:

1. Get even more mean and selfish than I already am. Known for my one-track mind, my less desireable ME-centered attributes shine forth unrestrained and in all their glory.

2. I to lay very very still with hoodie up over my ears, a down comforter and few fleece blankets for comfort. Yes this practice increases my fever and places in a state of mild comatose, but oh how lovely it is!

3. I love a good book.... normally a good sappy romance or somthing entirely outside of my current life to wisk me away while using the least amount of brain cells possible. (Suggestions: The Time Travelers Wife, Bridget Jones' Diary, A Thousand Splendid Suns).

4. A little trick I picked up from my dear roommate... the age old orange juice served WARM. Might sound sick but it soothes throat and congested chest while provided needed vitamin C.

5. A massage is always nice. When muscles ache from a cold, relaxation can be met with a fully body rub down. It may be hard to find someone willing (consider mom or a boyfriend). Tension from illness or your all-too-heavy backback can really make the wellness process slow down.

6. Need a huge box of PUFFs by Kleenex. I find it morally wrong to use the cheap stuff when I am ill.... in fact anyone that used say toilet paper to wipe their nose.... no friend of mine... unless its Charmin... but... no.

7. I do not want to go to classes that talk about things that are over my head. What constitutes "over my head"? To name a few... buddaim... buddaism as bases for poetry.... anyhting with numbers greater than 5....

In Short..... I am not a good sick person, so until I heal... leave me alone.

No comments: