Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lessons on love Part 2

This week the room of requirement that is love, has taken on many forms for me. Let me tell you what love has looked like as of late:

For those of you who don't know, I had a great opportunity to attended a job fair in Phoenix last week called The Placement Exchange. This organization makes it possible for higher education professionals (particularly those with a background in housing and residence life) to interview with many universities all in one weekend. So I spent my 3 days interviewing with many schools. In the past month and coming month I will have interviewed over 16 times. I am trying to snag a place in graduate school, as well as employment so needless to say I am mentally exhausted.

Above all else, however, I feel blessed. I feel blessed to have found a dream worth chasing, a career that lets me feel passion and curiosity everyday. I feel blessed to have schools that are willing to even give me a chance and to see that every tour I gave, every roommate conflict I mediated, every conference that I lived for, can in reality, be of use to help me fulfill my dream of getting a Master's degree.

Through all of this, I have learned another important lesson in love:

Love takes the form of whatever we most need. For me, nothing says "I love you" like:


http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/asc/images/itinerary2.jpg


Travel Itinerary.

So thank you Daddy, for having no idea why I would want to go to grad school in no where Mississippi, and without even questioning, sacrificing your hard earned Sky Miles so I can get one step closer to reaching my goals. Thank you for always making it possible for me to be whoever I want to be and never thinking my dreams are dumb. I have a feeling you would fly me anywhere if it meant I'd be doing what makes me happy.

Sometimes love looks like Skymiles.


Nothing says "I love you" like:

http://mothering-matters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/laundry-basket-web.jpg
Laundry

Today I came home about 8 PM, exhausted as I am most days, and literally concerned about the fact that I have no clean G's to wear tomorrow. Here I am praying I have some unopened pair in my drawer because I don't have time to wash anything.

And then I go in my room. Every single item of clothing in my room is washed any laying in neat piles on my bed. At my feet, a brimming basket of clean, white G's. Even my bed sheets have been washed and the bed re-made. Today love has never been so sweet as the smell of clean clothes, so thank you Mama, for answering a simple and unspoken need for help. You are always so in tune and the most thoughtful person I have ever known.

Sometimes love looks like a basked of clean G's.

For now I sleep. Until later and another case of word vomit, let me know- what has love looked like for you this week?

3 comments:

eden said...

what sweet parents! that's so awesome.

Unknown said...

Totally can see your mama and papa doing that. Hopefully one day I will be able to be that unselfish and loving. PS I LOVE YOU HAYJ.

Four Seasons Finds said...

Aw, so sweet! Don't you love having a sweet mother than knows your needs, and a dad that is willing to do anything to make you happy? We have great families - happy to share them with you!