Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A few things that give me Aggie Pride




Now I am proud as anyone to go to school where I do. It was my father's favorite band the Beach Boys who said it best- "Be True to Your School." Never before has this statement been more true than for the Aggie's. Here are a few things that I am dang proud of:

1. Jaycee Carroll- Now that is one fine athlete. I like to call him Midis because if he touches the ball, its gold. If he's in the game we can all breathe easy knowing our man is going to make some magic happen. There is no better feeling then when Jaycee lets that ball go soaring from way bay and everyone knows its gonna glide but we all still hold our breath and then..... the Spectrum erupts with cheers! I love that famous 3 point gold! I also almost get a little teary when the crowd gets all into the chant of "Jaycee Carroll... clap clap clap clap clap clap." You say it boosts his ego? He earned that ego. Yay for that ego.

2. The school song and the Scotsman- I hear that music play and I cant help but stand with pride, hand on the heart or doing whatever I feel constitutes a salute at that moment.... that last note of "Where the sagebrush GROWS!" is one of the ugliest, off-pitch beauties i have ever heard. Just you wait, spine tingles.

3. Old Main- that building is crazy cool. Not only is it all majestic and Harry Potter-esq up here on the hill, but it has a crazy history. Half the dang building burnt down once. There once was a gym with a swimming pool that we dug up last year no one even knew was still there, the Anthropology Museum was once a chapel so students could have some religion and such. Its kind of awesome.

4. Big Blue and the dude who plays him- the other night at the game they unmasked Big Blue. All my years here I wondered who was cool enough, brave enough and pretty much stupid enough to dress up like a bull all these years and you know what? They unmasked him and i was grateful to that guy Roy. He never once got credit for his stunts or all the time he had to spend. No one knew. well i bet some did, but not most. Props to that guy for sure!

No comments: