Sunday, October 14, 2007

Clowns with chainsaws and other fall fun!



This weekend was kind of aweseome for a few reasons. It was one of those weekends full of stereotypically fall goodness and fun. Friday night, as all good college kids do, we searched the coupon book for a cheap dinner. After that my beau and my best friend McKenzie decided to carve pumpkins. It has been a few years since I remember carving pumpkins and I really loved it. Its messy and smells so richly of the season, I had a blast. We learned that we are entirely unartistic and should never be trusted with large knives. we also learned that pumpkin seeds baked with a little salt are delicious!


Saturday I stayed in bed until noon just because I could. I went shopping with some roomies and we learned that denim jackets are really not in which is depressing as they are a staple of American fashion. Being the overly spoiled girlfriend that I am, Kevin bought me a dress and a, dare I say, hot pearl-button down shirt, black.


That night we hit La Beau's, one of my favorite burger joints in this neck of the woods, and a corn maze. There is somthing about corn and pumpkins at night, that just screams fall, october. Consequently, it was a haunted maze with chainsaws galore that scared my roomate JP so bad that she screamed at least 3 times. I must admit it was fun to be scared, minus the one time Kevin ditched me and left me to be attacked by a clown with an electric saw.... SCARY!


We learned that we have no sense of direction, that corn mazes are really truly mazes, and that running into the same spot 6 times is very depressing. Fun weekend!

No comments: